As of 2018, U.S. student loan debt has topped $1.48 trillion dollars, with 11% of students who are 90 days behind on their student loans. [source]
Here at The Olive, we see this is a problem and we’d like to do our part to help.
That’s why we introduced the The Olive Branch Scholarship, an annual scholarship of $3,000.00 for young people burdened with student loans.
- Deadline: September 1st, 2018
- Winner Selection Date: September 15th, 2018
- Amount: $3,000.00 USD (United States Dollar)
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education at an accredited institution in the United States;
- Has student loans with accounts in good standing (not behind on payments, if any);
- Individuals born in 1988 or later.
How to qualify:
Write a 1,000 word persuasive essay on one of the following questions:
- Is the status quo growing of national, state and municipal debt (bond issues) sustainable in the long-run?
- What level of wealth inequality, if any, is appropriate in a free society?
- What is the most important habit a young personal should develop to secure their financial future?
The winning essay will be based on quality: Use of descriptive language, citation and authority, clarity, logical flow and courage of your position (we encourage students to take “non-politically correct” positions if they can make strong persuasive arguments for them)
Please send your essay, as a PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your submission!