Having reviewed different eyelash curler products, the shu uemura eyelash curler is the best eyelash curler because of its advantages over all others such as durability, very easy to use; it suits all eyes shape and produces lasting result. Though it is a bit expensive compared to other products, there is no doubt that this curler is worth buying.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Should I Use An Eyelash Curler?
- 2 Reviews Of The Best Eyelash Curlers 2018
- 3 Eyelash Curlers Comparison Chart
- 3.1 Best Overall Eyelash Curler
- 3.2 Best Eyelash Curler For Almond Eyes
- 3.3 Best Heated Eyelash Curler
- 3.4 Best Eyelash Curler For Beginners
- 3.5 Best Professional Eyelash Curler
- 3.6 Best Eyelash Curler For Straight Lashes
- 3.7 Best Eyelash Curler For Asian Eyes
- 3.8 Best Eyelash Curler For Round Eyes
- 3.9 Best Eyelash Curler On A Budget
- 3.10 Best Eyelash Curler For Short Lashes
- 4 What Is An Eyelash Curler
- 5 Types Of Eyelash Curlers
- 6 Factors to consider in choosing the best eyelash curler
- 7 Eyelash Curler FAQ
- 8 Tips For Choosing The Best Eyelash Curler
- 9 In Conclusion
People say that eyes are the windows to the soul. This is probably why we spend so much time and effort making sure our lashes are framed properly. If you want your eyes to really pop, there is nothing quite like long, luscious, curled eyelashes to achieve this. Unfortunately, very few people are blessed with natural lashes that look this way.
So, what’s the solution? Well, fake it, of course! The best way to do so is with the help of an eyelash curler that works to curve the lashes, so they look more prominent while helping your mascara look better as well. These tools will quickly make your eyelashes look absolutely gorgeous.
It is important, however, to make sure you have got the right curler in your bag. After all, the last thing you want is to rip out a couple of your precious lashes while doing your makeup!
Why Should I Use An Eyelash Curler?
The lash curler is an important makeup kit tool because it gives the illusion of bigger, brighter eyes and helps elongate the eyelashes. Once you use a good eyelash curler, it gives a different and well-defined shape to the eyes. It is easy to use without professional training and is not very expensive to purchase.
Eyelash curlers will make your look more awake by making your eyes appear more full. Plus it makes your lashes really long which will make your face more beautiful.
Reviews Of The Best Eyelash Curlers 2018
Read our reviews of the best eyelash curlers if you want to save some time and money as the market can be filled with products that might disappoint you and doesn’t work. We have taken the time to research, review and rank the 10 best eyelash curlers that will we are confident will perform an amazing job of giving you eyes that Wow!
In this article, we have compiled the top 10 best eyelash curlers available that are the very best in 2018
Eyelash Curlers Comparison Chart
Here’s what we think about these eyelash curlers.
Best Overall Eyelash Curler
If I could take one beauty product to a desert island, it’d be the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler 1 ea. I feel like it just changes everything.
It’s uniquely designed –Silicone rubber pad releases right amount of pressure to curl lashes that can stay curled all day. What makes it the overall best eyelash curler is that it is curved at an angle that suits all eye shapes and very easy to use.
The innovative silicon pad gently lifts and curls eyelashes without stretching and damaging or causing any discomfort. Its calculated(well structured) shape and size of frame length and ergonomic handles ensure stability and control.
It is no doubt that the shu uemura eyelash curler will help you to create an amazing, gorgeous and amazing eye makeup.
Best Eyelash Curler For Almond Eyes
This is the best eyelash curler for people with almond eyes. This curler is made of excellent and premium quality material that will last a lifetime if you don’t lose it.
The Kassage Eyelash Curler perfectly curls up your almond eyelashes in a matter of a few seconds, and the bend it creates stays intact for the whole day. The curler features super soft and bouncy silicone pad that avoids the hair from getting pulled or your skin from getting folded in between.
To increase the life of the curler, it comes with five additional silicone pads that will make it good enough to use for years to come. The silicone pads are not only soft; they are long-lasting and well-structured, so you won’t have to replace them now and then.
Besides almond eyes, this curler can be used for various other eye shapes due to its unique design and high level of adaptability. The curler even comes with a lifetime warranty and a satisfaction guarantee that should be enough of evidence that your money has been well spent.
Best Heated Eyelash Curler
Shape your lashes easily with this best heated eyelash curler simple to use shaping your lashes in seconds.
Its innovative pen-styled design delivers a specific amount of heat while making it easy to grasp even the tiniest lashes. Its smooth, compact size makes it easy to carry, even in the smallest purse.
This long-lasting eyelash curler delivers natural, long-lasting curls to make your eyes seem larger and more brilliant compared to other Conventional skin-pinching eyelash curlers clamp.
Its temperature control mechanism and protective contact guard ensures its safe use. With this curler, your lashes will show extravagant curves that will last all day!
Best Eyelash Curler For Beginners
Great for beginners the Tweezerman classic Eyelash Curler features a slightly thicker silicone pad than its professional counterparts. This functional and stylish eyelash curler from Tweezerman offers the perfect merge of form and function for creating the most expressive eyes.
The risk of pinching (squeezing eyelids) is reduced and the curls are soft but no less gorgeous. What’s more, it comes with an extra silicone pad refill. It is advisable to use before applying mascara for a real eye-opening effect.
The silicone lash pad is thick and round to form intense curls without ever creasing the lashes.
Best Professional Eyelash Curler
The Shiseido Eyelash Curler + Refil Set is the best professional eyelash curler because it produces a super natural curl that starts at the root of the lashes, giving your eyes a wide, doe-eyed look with or without using mascara(Mascara is commonly used to enhance the eyelashes).
It curls lashes from the roots at a stroke creating glamour and it very easy to use. Just one squeeze firmly catches lashes at the root leaving them beautifully curved.
Its edge-free design prevents pinching. Broad curve curls all lashes from the inner to the outer corner in one squeeze. It is no doubt that this is the best professional eyelash curler because it’s easy to use for professionals and it creates curls that last all day. Also, its rubber pad is very soft and durable.
Best Eyelash Curler For Straight Lashes
This is a perfect eyelash curler for those with straight lashes; the kipozi eyelash curler doesn’t take more than a minute to create a deep curl, which you can flaunt all day long without worrying about your curls getting loose.
The silicone pad used in this curler is also very durable and soft that keeps both your skin and eyelashes protected. This curler also comes with four additional refill pads to increase your convenience and the longevity of your curler.
The curler features a rounded design that makes it ideal for all eye shapes, but the broader opening works exceptionally well for straight lashes. The hold of the lash curler is very easy to use, and its ergonomic design with anti-slip finish makes it excellent for both home and salon use.
For impeccably curling of your eyelashes, all you need to do is place them on the pad closest to your eyelid, gently press it for a few seconds and then release. You can repeat the process if you want a more intense look.
Best Eyelash Curler For Asian Eyes
People with smaller eyes will love this curler. It’s also perfect for those with stubbornly straight lashes.
Can’t seem to avoid that annoying, painful pinch with metal clamp curlers? This perfect little compact lash curler by Laura Mercier is cute, tiny, it doesn’t pinch(constrict or squeeze), and it’s positively springy – which creates great curls that last all day with or without mascara.
The Laura Mercier eyelash curler can create great curls with just one or two pumps so if you don’t like ‘C’ curls, press gently and concentrate your efforts on the base of your lashes and avoid the ends. It is a perfect curler for smaller eyes.
Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler adds incredible lift and curls to the lashes with its perfect size and shape.
Best Eyelash Curler For Round Eyes
This lash curler is the perfect combination of two words gentle comfort and strength. It swaps out the traditional rubber typically used on ‘clamp’-style curlers for a silicone pad that’s firmer, rounder and a lot more kind to your lashes.
But it’s not just about its gentility – this curler gets the work done. The most impressive part is there’s no need for firm clamp-and-hold to get your lashes curled. A few short pumps and you get beautifully dramatic yet natural-looking curls that hold, even after you apply a layer or two of mascara.
Although this curler packs a punch, thanks to the wide, softly curved design, it’s much less likely to squeeze your tender eyelids while it’s a lot more likely to be able to get the lashes at the corners of your eyes. It is no doubt this the best eyelash curler for people with wide eyes.
Best Eyelash Curler On A Budget
The Bella and Bear Eyelash curler will give you the stunning look you desire. It is a mechanical curler made of stainless steel and non- slip rubber hand. This is the probably the most reasonable price of any eyelash curlers we’ve reviewed; it stands up well against the competition. This curler comes with a cute travel bag when purchased.
Its spring design provides even pressure across lashes – and it does it really well. Plus, the price is right, especially as you also get, a travel bag, and a set of silicone refills. Sadly, the handle holes are a little small, which will make them difficult to use for people with larger hands. But other than that, the eyelash curler is appropriate for all eye shapes and sizes.
Best Eyelash Curler For Short Lashes
The Maybelline New York Expert Tools Eyelash Curler will give you that wide-awake look you desire. It is perfect for those with short eyelashes.
Maybelline’s Expert Tools eyelash curler gently lifts and curls your lashes for a more-dramatic, wide-eyed look. This fantastic branded eyelash curler does the job super well and is easy to use. Moreover, it is very affordable and looks super cheap compared of all the other branded curlers.
This curler is made out of classic metal which doesn’t pinch the lashes at all and delivers the gorgeous most eyes to you. It has been designed in such a great way that it curves the lashes close to the lash line perfectly. It also comes with a rubber pad which is super comfortable so the lashes sit on it easily, without annoying you. This eyelash curler is quite basic, and you won’t get an out of world design or anything in it but it does the job super well, and it doesn’t even cost you much.
What Is An Eyelash Curler
If you have gone through this article, you must have gotten an idea of what an eyelash curler is all about.
An eyelash curler is a hand-operated mechanical device for curling eyelashes for cosmetic purposes.
Eyelash curler is a good makeup tool because it gives a different and well-defined shape to the eyes. They are very easy to use without any professional training, and they are not expensive to purchase.
Another thing is that they are not very big tools for makeup so that they can be comfortably put in a makeup bag.
But one thing about eyelash curler is If not used with care, tugging on the eyelashes while curling can lead to a weakening of the roots which may result in the lashes becoming weak and eventually lead to shedding. This condition is very bad for your eyes because the lashes protect the eyes from wind and dust and don’t grow back quickly.
Types Of Eyelash Curlers
Metal mechanical eyelash curler
This is the most versatile and everyday eyelash curler with scissor-like handles, very easy to find and easy to use. With its curved curling surface, all you do is stick your eyelashes through to clamp them to curly perfection.
- Can be extremely affordable,
- Because this is the oldest and most common type of lash curler, there’s a huge variety in terms of curve – which means you’ll be able to find one that suits curve of your eyes.
- Easily available
- Can occasionally pinch your eyelid
- Not recommended for use after you’ve applied mascara since the mascara can stick to the clamp and pull out your lashes.
Plastic Mechanical Eyelash Curler
The plastic mechanical eyelash curler is perfect for sensitive eyes, skin, and people with metal allergies.
These eyelash curlers are precisely the same as the metal mechanical curlers but with one crucial difference – it’s made of plastic.
- Perfect for sensitive skin and eyes as well as for those with a metal allergy, this is why they’re often referred to as the sensitive eyelash
- Just as easy to use as the metal variety.
- There’s not as much variety
- The main drawback of plastic lash curlers is that they’re not as sturdy as metal ones and tend to break faster, which means they may be slightly less expensive, but you’ll be replacing the much more often.
Travel Eyelash Curler
These are called travel eyelash curlers, portable eyelash curlers, travel eyelash curlers, mini eyelash curlers – but whatever you call them, you get the point: they’re small.
This makes them perfect to tote around and use on the go while having all the curl-producing functionality of a regular curler.
- Takes up no space. I especially love the fact that they don’t have sticking-out parts, so you tuck them tidily into the smallest makeup bag.
- Tend to have really great springiness that creates good, lasting, very curly lash curls.
- Not ideal for wide eyes since the small size can make it difficult to fit your entire lash line into the clamp part.
- As with everything plastic, these aren’t the most durable beauty tools.
Heated Eyelash Curler
What’s so unique about this? The heated eyelash curler differentiates itself from all other curlers with a crucial advantage: you guessed it, heat. Instead of a manual clamping action, it uses heat to curl your lashes, and if you’ve ever experienced the magic of a curling iron, well, you already know the huge difference heat makes on hair.
But unlike a curling iron, there’s no clamping involved with a heated eyelash curler. You simply push the mascara wand-like device up against your lashes for a few moments and voila! Your lashes are curled and ready to go.
- These curlers produce curls that last – a few seconds on each eye is adequate to hold that perfect curl in your lashes throughout the day.
- Got lashes that like to stick out in all different directions? Heat will tame and curl even the most unruly, stubborn lashes
- Heated lash curlers are the most expensive amongst the eyelash curlers
- It’s not just the cost of the heated curler itself – it’s also the batteries it eats up
Precision Eyelash Curler
These are also called mini lash curlers and point curlers; these fill in the gaps that most eyelash curlers miss. Thanks to their tight clamp and unhindered design, these precision curlers allow you to reach every lash, section by section so that even the most hard-to-accommodate eye shapes can get their lashes lifted. Example of this type is the shu uemura eyelash curler
- You can’t beat it for precision
- No pinching. Thanks to the lack of sides, there’s also no risk of a pinch.
- It goes everywhere, which is what makes it ideal for deep-set eyes and small eyes as well as for curling lower lashes, individual sections of lashes, inward-curling lashes and hard-to-reach corner lashes.
- There’s a learning curve. This is not a beginner-friendly curler, and it’ll take some practice, time and usage to master it.
- These make strong, intense curls. So hold too long or press too hard and you’ll risk crimping your lashes into that awful L-shape
Factors to consider in choosing the best eyelash curler
When it comes to lash curlers, the curve matters – a lot. Lash curlers tend to range in curvature, so you want to choose one that suits your facial structure.
For instance, flatter curves are much better for people with flatter eyelids and smaller eyes since it can fit from end to end of your lash line. For those with rounder, bigger eyes, however, a flatter curve won’t wrap well enough around the eye to grab all the lashes, which means a curler with a deeper curve is easier to use for larger, rounder eyes.
No matter how tough you are – having your delicate eyelid squeeze is enough to make anyone cry. It may be just a small pinch, but it’s a painful feeling and better avoided.
If you’ve got wide eyes, make sure you get a lash curler with a wider clamp.
You can also avoid eyelid pain by going for a plastic lash curler over a metal one since these tend to pinch much less
For those that got deep set of eyes, the regular lash curler isn’t going to be able to reach deep enough to curl every last lash. This is where the pinch-less, precision mini eye curlers come in – like the Shu Uemura S Curl Eyelash Curler. Some mini curlers are also ideal for smaller eyes and eyes with monolids since the smaller size of the curler allow better positioning and reach.
As with any purchase, the budget is a big deal. We have reviewed the shu eumura as the overall best eyelash curler, but not everybody will be able to afford it because of its price tag. However, there are plenty of less expensive eyelash curlers with fantastic reviews, which is great if you want to give curlers a shot without completely mastering the art of how to curl eyelashes. Price is a really important factor to consider before purchasing an eyelash curler.
Whether or not the eyelash curler you’re purchasing has a warranty or lifetime guarantee is also factor an important factor. Some curlers come with lifetime replacements for the rubber inserts, which can save you money in the long run as you care for your curler.
Eyelash Curler FAQ
Some things to know on eyelash curlers
What about short lashes
The mini point curlers are ideal for those whose lashes are exceptionally short since the flatter clamp makes it easier to position close to your lash line. It also makes it easier to reach all the inner lashes that a regular lash curler may miss.
If you’d prefer a typical standard curler, go for one that has a flatter curve as this will make it easier to place close to your eyelash line and get the shortest lashes. Chose an eyelash with a flatter, more universal curve that lets you curl right next to your lash line.
Heated Curlers or not
If you have delicate lashes, the last thing you want to do is –put them through the tug-and-pull of traditional clamp curlers. Heated curlers, on the other hand, simply lifts up your lashes for a gentle curl – without using any force. So you decide which you prefer.
How to care for your eyelash curler
We care for our eyelash curlers by cleaning them, so the question is how do we clean our eyelash curler?
- First moisten a cotton ball with eye makeup remover or baby oil If you don’t have eye makeup remover.
- Simply use the moistened cotton ball to clean any makeup off rubber pad of the curler and the metal bar.
- Then mixing a few drops of dish liquid in a bowl of water, Moisten a soft cloth with the soapy water and wring dry so that it is damp and not wet.
- Gently wipe off the makeup remover remains and any residual mascara from the eyelash curler.
- You should hold the top part of the eyelash curler you just cleaned under a running faucet for a brief moment to rinse off any remaining soap residue. Make sure water does not get on the metal joints.
- Afterwards pat the curler and dry with a towel.
- Do not plunge the eyelash curler entirely into the water as it can rust.
- Make sure that the makeup remover used to wipe the lash curler occasionally does not contain any alcohol or acid as those can dry out the rubber pad of the curler.
- Remember to replace the rubber pad of your curler a few times per year or as often as needed.
How to use an eyelash curler
- First of all apply a makeup removal product to remove all traces of makeup (mainly mascara) from your lashes and eyes.
- Then use an eyelash curler with a heating feature. If you only have a plain curler, you can heat it up with the help of a blow-dryer. The eyelash tool should be warm, but not hot.
- Place the rubber part at the base of the lashes.
- Tightly press and hold for anywhere between 10 to 30 seconds. The longer you keep holding, the bigger the curve will be, just dont press too hard or hold for an extended time length.
- Do not pull the eyelash curler before you have freed your lashes from its grip or you will pull them out.
- Some people are of the opinion that it is better to apply mascara before curling the lashes for a stronger effect. However, this is not a good idea. This crumbles the mascara and makes the lashes stick together.
- Remember to allow your lashes a few moments to cool down (you are using a warm tool, remember?) before applying the mascara.
- Now your eyelashes will look as pretty as any celeb
Tips For Choosing The Best Eyelash Curler
Everyone’s lashes are different. A curler that works fine and great on your friend’s smaller eyes may feel awkward on your more extended lids. Take both your eye shape and lash length into consideration when choosing a curler. Look for long clamps that curve along your lash line to ensure you don’t miss a curl!
Expensive Curlers doesn’t always mean better function and design
There are a lot of eyelash curlers made by ‘top brands’ with higher prices, however, they deliver you no better quality than some regular, reliable brands like Tweezerman.
An exception to this is the curler made by Shu Uemura (which is a pro favorite, award-winning curler). Because of its merits, this prestige brand curler can support a more expensive price point.
Stick to Simple Curlers
Even though there are hundreds of fantastic and high-tech curlers hoping for a place in your makeup bag, sometimes the best choice of curler is the simplest. The do-it-yourself metal clamp curler is without a doubt the easiest to find, with the most user-friendly option
Ignore the rumors
Eyelash curlers will not rip all your lashes contrary to popular belief, and even if you prefer to apply mascara first (though we don’t recommend it), the curlers wont tear off all your lashes. Although, you may lose a lash or two here and there with regular curling, but this is normal. If your curler pulls or pinches your lashes when you use it, it may not be the best choice for your particular lashes.
Consider a Replacement
Sooner or later, the pads on your curler are going to wear out, and you’ll need to replace them so its necessary to consider ahead how easy – or difficult – it is to find replacements pads. Many of the best eyelash curlers come with an extra pad, but others can be tough to track down for replacements.
For example, the Shu Uemura lash curler is a great, solid device but they don’t sell replacement pads – you’ll have to buy a whole new curler once your pad runs out. Shiseido’s curler, on the other, offers plenty of replacement pads you can find and buy easily.
The eyelash curler is truly one impressive device. These days, there are quite a few variations in the mechanical design of curling eyelashes bringing new meaning to the word ‘contraption.’
The best design for you will ultimately depend on your face shape, the length of lashes you were blessed with and the designs available.
Beautiful lashes are every woman’s dream, , they are very precious and should not be toyed with so we hope with this well-researched review of the best eyelash curlers; you find the perfect curlers to give you that stunning look you desire.